Standard English Course – 15 hours of class taken during the mornings
Intensive English Course – 23 hours of class per week. Mornings and afternoons
|Days of the Week||Morning Session||Afternoons|
|Monday to Thursday||09:30 to 13.00||14:15 to 16.30|
|Friday||09:00 to 13.00||afternoon free|
|Morning break 11:00 to 11:30|
|Lunch break 13:00 to 14:15|
15.15 to 15.30
During the mornings you will be allocated a class according to your level of English. We will always send you the entrance test prior to your arrival unless otherwise instructed. Our teachers will use a course book that follows a sequential approach to grammar and vocabulary learning. They will also use a number of other resources and materials either in text form or from a selection of media including the internet, radio and television. You will be given the opportunity to:
- Improve your knowledge of grammar
- Learn new vocabulary through speaking, listening and reading
- Be exposed to and take part in conversation to improve your fluency
- Focus on your writing skills, looking at different types of written text and register
- Practice your pronunciation including individual sounds, stress and intonation
- Consolidate what you have learned through regular review activities
Approximately 1 hour of homework will be given to you every day. If you are a long term student, you will be given a test on a regular basis so that you can track your progress.
Courses start every Monday throughout the year and the maximum class size is 10.
You will be given the option to study in a different class during the afternoons and depending on the number of students attending we have different course options available.
Courses are either of one- or two-week duration and can be tailored to meet the requirements of participants.
While studying on our courses, you can expect to:
- Become familiar with modern English usage
- Gain practical ideas which can be adapted to different teaching environments
- Brush up on existing teaching techniques and skills
- Learn about modern British culture and current affairs
- Socialise and exchange ideas with other teachers.